Anyone know the diameter of an REO M35 exhaust

paul_bish

If you install a new j-pipe (that's whats its called) drill a small (couple of 32's of an inch) hole at the lowest point to let the water out.

Other popular remedies are: self closing stack cap, switching to a stainless steel j-pipe, tin can at the top when not driving it and driving it more :)

And the diameter of the tube is for the j-pipe is the same as every other tube in the exhaust stack... after the turbo the tube diameter does not vary.

If you install a new j-pipe (that's whats its called) drill a small (couple of 32's of an inch) hole at the lowest point to let the water out.

Other popular remedies are: self closing stack cap, switching to a stainless steel j-pipe, tin can at the top when not driving it and driving it more :)

And the diameter of the tube is for the j-pipe is the same as every other tube in the exhaust stack... after the turbo the tube diameter does not vary.

Cheers. Having holes is OK with exhaust fumes? I think I will put a can in the top like my Dad used to do with his trucks.

Cheers. Having holes is OK with exhaust fumes? I think I will put a can in the top like my Dad used to do with his trucks.

The small hole might let some gas out... but the majority will go up and out the stack. Its a very common modification. You only need a small hole.

Considering the amount of smoke a normal M35 can make at startup/idle no one will notice a tiny puff under the wheel arch.