CMP in use on GERMAN airdrome

monty2

I am presuming it must have been a relativley early truck as it appears to be wearing a variation of the counter scheme, so perhaps late 40 early 41 when in UK duty. Picture could be god knows as i cant see them painting it fresh. Is that a Henschell that its towing??

I am presuming it must have been a relativley early truck as it appears to be wearing a variation of the counter scheme, so perhaps late 40 early 41 when in UK duty. Picture could be god knows as i cant see them painting it fresh. Is that a Henschell that its towing??

Yes it is an early one my guess for production would be after May but before September 1940 Tim, note the cast towing eyes on the front frame just behind the bumper and the pressed louvers, late 11 and all 12 cab Fords had a separate screw in panel for the louvers. The colour scheme was what led me to think it may have been allocated the NZ forces however the the reg number would suggest British issue although I can't find it in the Chilwell lists. I'll have a poke about in some other records I have and see if anything shows up.

Pete

Right found it, part of a block of numbers 4462042 to 4466041 covering 'various types' allocated in the middle east by middle east command.

Edited by Pete Ashby
additional information