Alvis saladin exhaust and heat shield - possible manufacture.

Fugly

Just hoping to reach out to any Alvis Saladin restorers / owners who may have a ropey exhaust. There is a tentative plan to produce some mild steel Saladin exhausts and heat shields using mine as a template . This has already been done with the ferret exhausts and these are now available for £270. The ferret exhausts are not expensive , and sound great.

The plan is to make the Saladin exhausts as close to original as possible in terms of material thickness and to try and keep the costs reasonable . For this reason we wont be using stainless, titanium or carbon fibre :-D

It will only be a small batch so if anyone is interested please contact me by PM or jim@strategicplacements.com or 07866 367059 . As this is an expensive committment please only contact me if you seriously interested.

If on the other hand you have a crate of Saladin exhausts ( or even just one ...) you want to sell please contact me and I will be round your house faster than a Ikea meatball on Derby day .

Jim

Jim

You're not wrong there. I recently purchased two NOS wheels and tyres as spares, but the delivery guy dropped them at the bottom of the drive so i had to roll them, solo, uphill, in the rain, through mud for about 100 yards. It was something of an endurance challenge and I hope I never have to use them..!

Cheers

Tim