Scammell Pioneer Cab Floor and Gun Tractor Back

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what size and type planks the pioneer cab floor should have. Also what shape the floor should be. My two pioneers have no cab floor left at all which makes working in them fun! :)

Also I am in need of photos, drawings etc.... of a gun tractor rear floor. Mine has had bits cut out and none of the original floor is in place. Alternatively if there is a gun tractor not too far away that I could look at and take measurements.

Cheers

Ed

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what size and type planks the pioneer cab floor should have. Also what shape the floor should be. My two pioneers have no cab floor left at all which makes working in them fun! :)

Also I am in need of photos, drawings etc.... of a gun tractor rear floor. Mine has had bits cut out and none of the original floor is in place. Alternatively if there is a gun tractor not too far away that I could look at and take measurements.

Cheers

Ed

If you can wait till the weekend i'll have a look at the floor boards we took out of our cab.

Regards, Richard

Hi Ed

Have a look here http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?11476-Another-Pioneer/page18&highlight=jimH

and in my Danish Pioneer the floorboards are 2 cm thick, and they vary in depth, (in the passenger side) the first nearest the bulkhead is 15,7 cm, then #2 15 cm #3 15 cm #4 21,7 cm #5 23,4cm #6 nearest the rear of the cab is 26,5 cm deep.

All the floor boards I think what you call edges squars, if that means that the boards are a Rectangle, I have attached pictures to show it.

I cant say exactly what the boards are made of but, ist problerly not oak ore ash, it feels fairly light in weight and is not very hard.

The floor is made up of 3 "sections" passenger side, center and drivers side, meaning that the bords are not the full width of the cab and you can remove the section above the gearbox to get to it.

I have made a drawing of the different fittings made of wood that there are on the cap floor. The things on the drawing are

placed, the positition can be seen in the pictures.

#1 is in front of the passenger seat, just behinde the fuel filters. (for the starting handel)

#2 is just when you step in to the vehicle, in the door opening, I think that there have been one just like it in the drivers side also.

#3 is to the left side of the passenger seat (crow bar)

#4 is in the left rear corner of the cab

#5 is to the right of the drivers seat next to the cabinet.

CIMG3134.JPG

CIMG3137.JPG

CIMG3138.JPG

CIMG3139.JPG

CIMG3140.JPG

CIMG3141.JPG

CIMG3144.jpg

CIMG3145.JPG

scammell cab fittings.JPG

Edited by Niels v

Thanks Niels. Will make up some templates and try them in my two. I know a couple of friendly wood yards so should be able to get them made with correct width planks. Once I've looked into it I'll see about getting a few sets done if anyone else needs some.

Thanks

Ed