Anyone know the whereabouts of any CVR(W) Foxes?

sirhc

I am interested in finding out if there are any abandoned Foxes lurking anywhere. Scrap yards, paintball sites, firing ranges etc. Anyone seen one?

Thanks,

Chris

I wouldn't personally be too optimistic about that. Certainly about finding a turret. I doubt there'd be any left after they converted all the Scorpions to Sabres.

Though if I were to go looking on spec, I'd try Castlemartin Ranges. I walked the coastal path there a few years ago and got seriously depressed seeing all the stuff that had been contemporaneous with my service as range wrecks.

Only one I can think of round these here parts is outside the Royal Engineers Museum in Monmouth....there's a Combat Engineers tractor/dozer there too..

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQshWddZ7j20ZxvT0fyyAjUYLq62_9RFysrNIiUx5LgNp0Y48x

PS: It's not in as good a condition as it looks in this photo though...she is getting a bit rough sitting out in all winds and weathers...

.. I know we hear of museums selling kit off from time to time what with all the cutbacks etc these days???..

So....who knows? might be worth an approach .....and also....wasn't there one on Milweb a few weeks ago? ...

Thinking of it.....there is a paintball site near to me and they did have a carrier of some sorts there a few years back all splodged with paint and looking very sorry......

I'll drop by as soon as I can and get some pictures but I don't think it was anything like you're after......thinking of it... it might have been a Humber Pig type vehicle?

Edited by RattlesnakeBob