Now, do we need...

Jack

Folks, I have been thinking (no jokes at this stage please).

As the membership grows and we are starting to realise that we would all like to get to get together, be it at Beltring, museum tours, Normandy trip etc etc......

So the question is ;

Do we need an HMVF 'events secretary' to get us organised and in order??

Yes or No?

The first rule, don't volenteer for anything, but,

at the moment I don't have a computer indoors, but should be getting one indoors soon.

I may be up for "events secretary" job, but cannot be 100% sure at the moment.

If I do get the job, first event will be; visiting the strip club next door to where I work, is that the kind of event you guy's were thinking about ;-) :whistle:

Jack's far too busy and to be fair he does so much for us already, far above and beyond the call of duty.

What with running his Business, this site as adninstrator, head of light entertainment (HOLE).

Thanks Jerry.

This is pretty much it :cry:

To be honest and just to put you all in the picture - I am just going through a very hectic time in my professional life at the moment - business is growing at quicker rate then was projected - we have just taken on two members of staff which is time consuming in the early days - have more trips away - and consulting on a new 'in store' concept for the biggest outdoor retailer in the UK. And then I have my private life - 3 kiddies - GMC - wife - Jack time (not) - family and of course I have my pride and joy to grow and protect..........HMVF.

..........and at the end game stage of our second business which is due to launch late spring early summer but hoping we can bring that date forward, oh and nearly forgot...we are at the primary stage of a third company that we would look at go turning around rapidly if we move quickly.

So as you may of gathered, I am rather tired up with one thing and another at the moment but I do not expect it to be long term. That said, there is a lot of things that need to be organised and arranged on here as the show season is coming up and I too would like to meet up with everyone, have some HMVF clothing, an HMVF flag but I just don't have the time at the moment and I don't do letting people down so I really could do with some help and need to delegate some roles/responsibilities so that none of us suffer..........is that fair comment?

I just don't have the time at the moment and I don't do letting people down so I really could do with some help and need to delegate some roles/responsibilities so that none of us suffer..........is that fair comment?

Jack that is more then fair, we all know how much you put into this and (in a non gay way) love you for it.

if things where not differant here i would gladly step up to the mark. working nights and and only a few days a week i would be able to give this time and effort but for the short term my life is on hold and my only MV has gone (to a good home)

when things change if the post is still open i'll take one step forward SIR

Cheers Rich.

No worries - you have got your hands more full than I........and good luck from all of us with that.

We do have a great team here working behind the scenes for all of us..........just need to make sure we are working efficiently!

And I am feeling rather tired at the moment :computerterror2:

Thanks Jerry.

This is pretty much it :cry:

<snipped>

So as you may of gathered, I am rather tired up with one thing and another at the moment but I do not expect it to be long term. That said, there is a lot of things that need to be organised and arranged on here as the show season is coming up and I too would like to meet up with everyone, have some HMVF clothing, an HMVF flag but I just don't have the time at the moment and I don't do letting people down so I really could do with some help and need to delegate some roles/responsibilities so that none of us suffer..........is that fair comment?

As you put it so eloquently, oh Fearless Leader, If there's anything I can do to help feel free to ask!! People skills, just at this particular time, probably aren't my strong point but anything else.......

(probably want my head tested after experiences with classic car clubs in the past - but what the hell!! :-) :-) )