Hello from Enfield 42....

Enfield 42

Hello from new member Enfield 42, the proud owner of a Royal Enfield WDCO that I am just restoring and looking forward to riding at my ww2 re-enacting events.

I expect I will be asking lots of questions as I near the end of my project if the work to date is anything to go by! Currently eager to find a centre stand for the beauty... any ideas or leads gratefully received.

If anyone sees the famous mobile Wheatsheaf wartime pub appearing at any events, be sure to pop in and say hi.

Thanks

Nick

Edited by Enfield 42
specificity

Hi there, and welcome aboard.

I've just got my WDCO up and running again, don't know about a center stand, but the civy post war model G rear stand fits fine, not exactly the same as the CO rear stand but a lot stronger and probably easier to find!

I found Hitchcock's http://www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/home very helpful.

Best of luck with the rebuild.

013.jpg

Hello from new member Enfield 42, the proud owner of a Royal Enfield WDCO that I am just restoring and looking forward to riding at my ww2 re-enacting events.

I expect I will be asking lots of questions as I near the end of my project if the work to date is anything to go by! Currently eager to find a centre stand for the beauty... any ideas or leads gratefully received.

If anyone sees the famous mobile Wheatsheaf wartime pub appearing at any events, be sure to pop in and say hi.

Thanks

Nick

We restored my 1942 WD.CO 2 or 3 years ago, beautiful, responsive motorcycle with a fantastic slick gearbox for its day. You are going to have lots of fun. Cant help with the stand unfortunately..... as suggested try Hitchcocks.

Cosby 2013.jpg

Thank you all for the kind welcomes, and also the information regarding the stand. I have taken photos whilst stripping down the WD/CO just to remind me of all the hard work people like us have to go through to keep history alive. I look forward to bumping into you at events, and also chatting through HMVF forum. Happy New Year everyone. ;)