Help Please, Fluted rivets/plugs on Matilda Instrument panel

Tobin

Hi, I am rebuilding a Matilda and am working on the Instrument panel. The electrical switches have a sliding cover and above them a brass label which is held in place with what I would describe as 1/16" dia fluted brass pins. They look like a rivet but have a spiral flute down the pin and they are hammered into a blind hole to hold the label in place. Does anyone know what they are called or where I may find replacements?

Thanks

Tobin

Hi, I am rebuilding a Matilda and am working on the Instrument panel. The electrical switches have a sliding cover and above them a brass label which is held in place with what I would describe as 1/16" dia fluted brass pins. They look like a rivet but have a spiral flute down the pin and they are hammered into a blind hole to hold the label in place. Does anyone know what they are called or where I may find replacements?

Thanks

Tobin

Hi Tobin,

They are called Drive Screws and if you look that term up on google you will find suppliers. When I was rebuilding engines with MoD we used them to attach the rebuild plates to the cyl block.