Recovery at its no so finest

guykay

Heavy rain last night brought a visitor to our doors. he had managed to virtually submerge his van in the ford at the bottom of our lane. Could We help? Of course We could. Out, with the trusty old leyland tractor & some recovery chains & down the lane we trundled. Alas the road had been washed out & with a lurch the not so trusty tractor took on a 45 degree lean. much apologies from the vistor for causing me so much trouble. A bit of head scratching later & we fired up the Samson & reversed down the lane. I never realised how crap the lights on a CVRT are! Hitched up the tractor & dragged it out, then the same for the van. More apologies from the bloke who clearly didn't realise how much fun this is for the likes of us.

Why were you not around Orpington? A Volvo was sitting all day very lonley under the Tubbenden Lane railway bridge in a damn great puddle caused by a burst water main.:-D So far the water main has been repaired three times ove rthe day... and then burst somewhere else.

So far the water main has been repaired three times over the day... and then burst somewhere else.

that's par for the course Tony..

I had a 'little 2 day job' a few years back that turned into about 6 weeks of work for exactly the same reason....the old water main in a very big factory site had sprung a leak....we fixed it and turned the water back on......less than 8 hours later it sprung again nor more than a 100 yards away from the first leak...

Over the next 6 weeks or so as fast as we repaired one burst another appeared..a very old cast iron 12" pipe was the cause.....it had corroded away and the very high pressure was blowing pieces out of it about the size of a matchbox....:-D

just in case you're wondering .....the factory was in the stages of closing down so the company didn't want to spend the money on laying in a completely new pipe.....all they had to do was hand the premises back to the Landlord without any leaks :-D.....It all certainly turned into a tidy job for me :cool2::cool2: