It had to come.

Spood

The unthinkable has happened, for the first time since 1998 my jeep is playing up. While doing some stuff in the shed for the house I thought I'd start her up for the first time since before Xmas. As usual after standing for a while I primed the carb by hand and then pressed the button, two turns and she purred into life, lovely I thought but after about 15/20 seconds she stopped :-(, pressed the button again and after a few turns away she went, :-) only to stop again :-(. I had 4 or 5 more attempts with the same result. Sadly I didn't have the time to investigate but I'm thinking along the lines of fuel pump fault, perhaps diphragm, or possibly sucking some air in somewhere, it just seems it isn't delivering enough fuel to the carb, any thoughts anyone. :?

• 1 month later...

Finally found the time to investigate, no problem with fuel pump so gave filter a blow out and hey presto, one happy little jeep owner, been out for a drive and all is ok. To top it all, it hasn't cost me a penny to fix so at the moment all is right in Spoodland :banana: