Supacat

Topdog

Is there anyone in the Southeast who has got a Supercat that my wife and I could come and try. I am keen to get one but she would like to see one and have a go first.

Many thanks

Dave

very nice looking machines, but no idea what they can be used for, they get stuck at the slightest bit of bog and ruts...good on grass..not great on roads either...no where near as much fun as a vehicle with wheels, proper steering and greater ground clearance...

The Supacat is a great vehicle. Like any other it has it's limitations, go outside them and you have problems.

The one we have out here has caught a few people out because they do not take the time to listen at the drivers briefing and think they know everything.

It has a low ground clearance but, if you observe the ground and offset to the ruts you are fine.

It has no suspension at all and relies on the tyres for some give. I find people drive the vehicle way too fast and subject the machine to abuse frankly.

The driving position is not understood until it all goes wrong. Because of the skid steer function of the handle bars, pull back on one side at a time, when people over over a bump at speed and get thrown backwards in the seat they tend to pull the handle bars back by accident and induce a skid steer to one side or the other. This is where they get caught off guard.

On road this is amplified as they get going way too fast on flat tarmac, if the nose comes up and slams down after a bump it can hunt to one side or the other if your not careful.

Personally I hugely enjoy the Supacat and love driving it and operating it but understand what it won't do and live within those limits.

Robin

The Supacat is a great vehicle. Like any other it has it's limitations, go outside them and you have problems.

The one we have out here has caught a few people out because they do not take the time to listen at the drivers briefing and think they know everything.

It has a low ground clearance but, if you observe the ground and offset to the ruts you are fine.

It has no suspension at all and relies on the tyres for some give. I find people drive the vehicle way too fast and subject the machine to abuse frankly.

The driving position is not understood until it all goes wrong. Because of the skid steer function of the handle bars, pull back on one side at a time, when people over over a bump at speed and get thrown backwards in the seat they tend to pull the handle bars back by accident and induce a skid steer to one side or the other. This is where they get caught off guard.

On road this is amplified as they get going way too fast on flat tarmac, if the nose comes up and slams down after a bump it can hunt to one side or the other if your not careful.

Personally I hugely enjoy the Supacat and love driving it and operating it but understand what it won't do and live within those limits.

Robin

got to agree, I have three of these types of vehicles, an argo cat, great fun, and no weight so can shuffle itself over most humps..better than the supacat because it is so much lighter, a reliant engined version which was great but the engine kept overheating and was a pain, heavier than the argo and so gets stuck more...and a scot track, all hydraulic drive and very easy to drive and with the tracks on will go most places, but no suspension, hard tyres make for a very bouncy uncomfrotable ride and as I say I find they are useful for just about nothing...

sold the reliant engined one still ahve the argo and the scot trac but they sit here collecting dust..