AEC Militant Mk3

Brooky

Wondered if anybody out there in HMVF land has any details about contracts and delivery dates for AEC Mk 3 Militants

I am trying to work out when 88ET03 contract WV5299 was delivered, chassis number is 0870233

Any help appreciated

I have 87ET89, chassis number 0870.219.

I got the record card for it from the Royal Logistic Corps Museum at Deepcut (Tel: 01252 833371); you could do the same for yours for the usual fee.

According to that card my vehicle arrived new at CVD Ashchurch on 3rd December 1970, so I suspect yours would be about the same time.

I have 87ET89, chassis number 0870.219.

I got the record card for it from the Royal Logistic Corps Museum at Deepcut (Tel: 01252 833371); you could do the same for yours for the usual fee.

According to that card my vehicle arrived new at CVD Ashchurch on 3rd December 1970, so I suspect yours would be about the same time.

Many thanks for that

The issue is that for my sins I am the MVT Verification Officer and am trying to date a vehicle for a member and am trying to build up some background info in case anyone else needs verification of date

I will suggest that the owner goes to the RLC museum but it DVLA need a verification cert from a recognised club

My militant details are as follows:

The military registration is 86 ET 46

The data plate on the truck states:

Chassis number is 0870076

Contract number is WV5299

Asset Code is 1335-0032

The data plate on the recovery body states the same except for the contract code: WV4337

My V5 log book states manufacture date as 1970.

Markheliops

Many thanks for that

The issue is that for my sins I am the MVT Verification Officer and am trying to date a vehicle for a member and am trying to build up some background info in case anyone else needs verification of date

I will suggest that the owner goes to the RLC museum but it DVLA need a verification cert from a recognised club

There is probably someone at the AEC Society who could help, if you need verification from a Club as opposed to the Army.

There is probably someone at the AEC Society who could help, if you need verification from a Club as opposed to the Army.

Ian

I am the verification officer for the MVT hence my query

Not all clubs are recognised by the DVLA to verify vehicles