Crocodile tank chapeltown sheffield

private mw

hi i know this is old news but i still dont know the proper answer. there was a crocadile tank off jnct 35A on the m1 chapeltown where the newton chambers plant was ! it disapeared in 2008/9 i heard budge donated it then removed it due to vandalism . i also was told a private collector purchased it from the council ! still i dont know where it went is it restored and running again or just sat in a shed somewhere gathering dust ! anyone know where it did go .it would be good to hear its running again . :???

hi i know this is old news but i still dont know the proper answer. there was a crocadile tank off jnct 35A on the m1 chapeltown where the newton chambers plant was ! it disapeared in 2008/9 i heard budge donated it then removed it due to vandalism . i also was told a private collector purchased it from the council ! still i dont know where it went is it restored and running again or just sat in a shed somewhere gathering dust ! anyone know where it did go .it would be good to hear its running again . :???

The rumour is that it was in a legal limbo with no actual owner.

No mystery it has a collectors name attached to it its obvious if you think about it

Is that a "Legal Collector" perhaps ? we all know but don't particularly want a libel writ being delivered !

Absolutely nothing to do with Budge. Send PM for the answer.

I actually was suspected of taking it by all the engineers at TCH JCB Chapeltown which is just round the corner from where it stood on the plynth, they said "it was there when we left on Saturday afternoon but had gone when we came in on Monday morning".

:yawn: still waiting !

You will be taking the longest tacho break ever !!! I must admit there were occasions when I passed it I thought I could easily have that away, just nip over Woodhead with the ANTAR one Sunday morning, back the trailer up to it and just winch it on, then nip back over Woodhead. No one would have batted an eyelid !

After it had gone it did look like it had actually been fixed to the plynth, there were signs of burning gear having been used. It is understood that it was actually craned onto a low loader.