Clansman install in Fv101 Scorpion

BRDM Driver

Currently my Scorpion has no radios or intercom or aerials for that matter!

Can anyone advise what bits I need to look out for to get the correct setup?

I am guessing that I'll want:

2xVRC353

1xDMU

2xAerial tuners ?

2xAerial bases and antennas (Mk3)

1 or 2 control switch boxes ? (not sure which types)

3 headsets with ptt switches etc.

A load of cables!

Any advise would be appreciated.

Cheers.

maybe a good start to find the clansman radio hand book for your scorpion. this should tell you what parts you need and how to fit the radios. Vintage MV Manuals on ebay may have one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CVRT-Scorpion-tank-Clansman-Equipped-Complete-Equipmnet-Schedule-Free-P-and-P-/380409466107?pt=UK_CarParts_Vehicles_Manuals_Litterature_ET&hash=item58922bccfb

regards

Phil

Richard

Trying to get in quick before Alien gets here and monopolises the sandbag! You dont actually HAVE to have the radios in to run the intercom and in any event you dont need two 353's as this would be quite unusual. You will need either an IB2 or IB3, a commanders box and probably a couple of crew boxes, together with a 2 pin power lead, which goes to your IB 2/3. You then need the leads to put the boxes into the harness (12 pin i think) and obviously your headsets and pressels. If you get the yellow faced ANR boxes you need to make sure you get compatible headsets and pressels. The pressels should be green rather than black. I only have experience of the ANR boxes but I am told they are better than non ANR. As already stated though your best bet is to get some of the literature, have a read, and start by getting the basic intercom up and working, which can be done fairly cheaply, then you can add to it as you wish. As is my way I bought loads of everything without knowing what i needed and now have millions of cables and boxes, but inevitably not what i actually need and have become overfaced by the whole thing and put it on the backburner til I get my gearbox leak sorted.!

Cheers

Tim

Agree with Timbo. I am just upgrading the Scorpion fit to ANR. You'll need the IB2 , 2 cb2 and the commander's box (fixed). The commander will also need the commander's personal unit. You can run the driver with a driver's unit which had no radio capability, but then you need a driver's control box. There are a couple of 6 way boxes as well - I'll try to get some photos tomorrow if it helps. If you want to run the radios the you will need a couple of TUAMs and ARFATs for the 353 or initiate boxes and DCcu if you want man packs. PM if you want explanations.

Richard