Halftrack engine problem help needed

happydayz123

Hi All,my HT has broke down,with heavy smoke coming out of the oil filler cap.There no back pressure,good oil pressure,& no smoke coming out of the exhaust.Engine just been rebuilt.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

stu

Is the oil boiling? If so you could look at your cooling system - water pumps, etc.

Crankcase compression, sounds like possible broken rings, oil burning in the cylinder and going straight into the sump, you would also expect smoke from the crankcase breather ????? only one of many possibilities, dont get the spanners out yet, someone on here might have had the same problem.

Many many thanks for your help guys,it's really appreciated.My HT was a sod to start today,but she finaly came to life & was loaded safely.Many thanks to all the guys that stayed behind at Rauceby,and helped to get her started and loaded safely.On the way home,I rang my farmer friend to be ready with his tractor.When it came to unload,she started first time with know smoke at all coming from the breather ?.In fact she ran & sounded better,than in privious short outings ??.When I bought my HT,the thermostate was missing.Being replaced with 100s of acorns out of the head !!.Im just wondering,if there's still a couple in there.And that is the corse of my engine being to hot,and heavy smoke coming from the breather ??.Ill soon find out Tom !!.

Stu