Ignition locks

Mk3iain

Question

Does anyone know how to change the lock barrel on the combined light ignition switch used on many British vehicles. Also what part number for the replacement barrels and keys is? I have one key and worn locks on both the Milly and EB.

Many thanks!

Iain

5 answers to this question

Are the ignition locks you refer to the same as on a Champ? If so they are the same as a Ferret and there is a good source of info here

http://www.ferret-afv.org/ignition_locks/Install_Info.pdf

R

Hi Robin

Its the type as used in Land Rovers and others but I suspect the advice about removing the barrel (don't!) will be the same, I may have to replace the switch assembly if the barrel will not come out.

Thanks

Iain

The barrel isn't the same as a Landrover its similar but not the same. You do have to take the unit apart it isn't difficult if you can pull a vehicle apart and put it back together you can take the unit apart. Incidentally I have a few sets of these locks all NOS. You do not have to replace the switch assembly only the barrel

The barrel isn't the same as a Landrover its similar but not the same. You do have to take the unit apart it isn't difficult if you can pull a vehicle apart and put it back together you can take the unit apart. Incidentally I have a few sets of these locks all NOS. You do not have to replace the switch assembly only the barrel

Thanks Andy,

I have an old broken one I can practice with before tackling one off a vehicle, I suppose it starts with bending back the tabs?

If you have two NOS barrels with keys you are willing to sell I am of course interested.

Cheers

Iain

Thanks Andy,

I have an old broken one I can practice with before tackling one off a vehicle, I suppose it starts with bending back the tabs?

If you have two NOS barrels with keys you are willing to sell I am of course interested.

Cheers

Iain

I'll sort something out lock wise pm me at the weekend, the locks are residing in the loft so I need it to cool down before I go up. Nice to say that the heat is stopping me going up in the loft.