58 ? pattern DPM

Ian Dunn

I put the question mark in as this is what we knew them by.

I am trying to get a set of the old (first run) DPM combats

This was the type that had the liner and were quite heavy but almost indistructable.

size is the worst bit

6 feet tall

jacket size XXL

waist 42 inches

can anyone help or point me in the right direction

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian,

the trousers that you are talking about are commonly known as '66 pattern' and were used in the Falklands war campaign and i have a pair myself and i must say there the best camo trousers i've had ,i take it you have tried all your local army surplus places? i'm off down to Malvern at the end of nov so i'll keep my eyes oppen for you. :D

Hi Paul

I was in the TA for 21 years and they were the best we had in that time.

I went to Malvern last Nov but it was the first time i had been and i found it difficult to find anything!

I have only had the Land Rover for a year and it is almost how i want it (i am trying to re-create the setting as it was with my first TA unit,6/7 Queens, but as i cant remember the brigade numbers i have marked it up as A Coy 3 Queens who we worked quite closely with.

I am also having trouble getting a cam net , you seem to be able to get the new type net and the old hessien type but you try getting the 'string and plastic' type and the right size (9m x9m) for the right price!!

Ian

• 4 months later...