Hexonaut on tracks?

Scarab

Here's a strange one.

I was driving along the A22 the other day near Uckfield and in a lay-by on the back of a trailer being pulled by a Landcruiser was what I would swear blind was a Humber Hexonaut, only with tracks. I was in a rush and slowed down a bit to have a look but traffic was heavy and so probably only had it in vision for 10 seconds or so.

Being a bit of a fan of Humber I looked up the Hexonaut when I got home and while not 100% identical (no windscreen and a bit battered looking) it was a pretty close match for a tracked Hexonaut, even down to the positioning of the exhaust system.

It didn't look like a new reproduction as it certainly had some years on it, and it looked like it was painted Bronze Green with stencil markings faded in a few places.

Anyone got a more enlightened idea on what it was I saw?

Alex

Know what, an M-29 Weasel it could well be, I think you've got it. But it looked VERY old and very, very Battered, every panel was bent in like someone had gone at it with a small wrecking ball.

Are there many weasels left?

This is the closest thing to the config I saw:

weasel1.JPG