Hello from a new member living in Farnborough, Hampshire

Hi, my name is Geoffrey (Geoff for short) and I live in Farnborough, just down the road from Aldershot. I joined this forum because I have just bought an ex-mod Land Rover Defender 110, registration no 42 KF 74. It has a naturally aspirated 2.5-litre diesel engine and is a soft top. It is fitted with Wolf wheels.

I haven't received the 654 rekease certificate yet so I don't know the first year of service but I suspect that it was 1985 or 1986. Does anyone have any clues on the age? Is it possible to find out any info about the service history of this vehicle?

I know very little about these vehicles; it was an impulse buy and I would appreciate any info or advice that can be provided.

There were two non-taskworthy laminated signs in the cab bearing the crest of the RLC and badge of 27th Regiment. I don't know whether this is because it was just in the transport pool before being sold or whether it was a vehicle that had been issued to the 27th Regiment. One of the signs bears the following remark: CSIB on 20/2/12. Does anyone know what that means?

I hope that some members of this forum will be able to help me with the info that I will need to get this vehicle on the road.

golfhotelwhiskey dahdidit dit dahdahdit didididit didahdah