M35 oil and filter changing

You don't list your location, but the filters are common here in the US. NAPA can get you them in a day if you order by the NAPA Gold or WIX filter numbers:

OIL Filters:

Napa FIL 1133

WIX 51133

Primary Fuel:

Napa FIL 3511

WIX 53511

Secondary Fuel (2x):

Napa FIL 3540

WIX 53540

I don't know of any place that stocks them. They are common, but typically not 'on the shelf' items.

Buy in bulk.. you will be changing them often (fuel, anyways) if you run WMO or BioDiesel.

Oil use any API Diesel Rated oil. 15W40 is all you need. Rotella dino oil or Delvac diesel oil is good and had lots of ZDDP (zinc) that older engines need.

REO may be for M35A1 (ie gas) engines. Most diesels are made by Kaiser-Jeep.

Also that auction does not list a filter part number.

Some oil filters supply the wrong housing gaskets for the cans, and must be bought separately.

Here's a case of WIX 51133 (oil filters) for $70 US and (for me) its $20 UPS shipping.

Might be better to get a case from the US that pay 30 GPB for two!

Edited by deadline

REO may be for M35A1 (ie gas) engines. Most diesels are made by Kaiser-Jeep.

Also that auction does not list a filter part number.

Some oil filters supply the wrong housing gaskets for the cans, and must be bought separately.

Here's a case of WIX 51133 (oil filters) for $70 US and (for me) its $20 UPS shipping.

Might be better to get a case from the US that pay 30 GPB for two!

Hi deadline, it does state in the ebay listing as "Multi-fuel only" but i'm sure your idea of ordering them from the U.S is probably the better option,

just trying to help out a fellow forum member :)

Edited by flywheel
typo

The price of the ones on E-Bay seems reasonable to me unless it goes silly near the end of the listing. If you are going to Evesham, National MVT show in June and can hang on till then Iwill bring some with me. Not sure on the price yet as Ihave to pick them up off my local supplier.

Be very cautious.. as I stated few commercial oil filters stock the proper can gaskets. If you are careful you can reuse the ones that are installed... but at some point you'll have to dig them out and replace them.

Many other vehicles use the filters... you may find them cheaper by looking them up via the WIX number and google them.

That's $24 per filter. WOW. $8 all day long here in the US.