CVRT Stormers arrive at well known MOD Dealer

PDonovan

Well, lets be fair kids.

How many of you are used to these vehicles? We have a Stormer TRV in the collection and yes it does smoke, at first, but does get better when warmed up and those two didn't look like they had warmed up at all.

The first vehicle I swear he had the parking brake still on and had maybe he was in a gear higher than he should have been in, hence it was labouring too much. That would be my summation.

Did you notice how matey clipped the yellow ramp as he went by?

Honestly, if you have driven any of the Gen 1 CVRTs with the J60 in them you will love these as they have bags of low down grunt power like they need after being super sized from the Gen 1 vehicles. I adore the TRV we have and it is so easy and comfortable to move the drivers seat and get in and out, all very slick compared to the Gen 1 vehicles bungee cords.

Did notice not much in the way of bling on them.

R

That's intersting - is there more space for the driver in these? I got pretty wedged in a striker.

Mate if you found a Striker tight you should try a Sabre, esp with the seat up and scope in! Plus you have the joy of cracking your head on the chain gun every other time!!

Robin i would love one of these but have too many projects and too little time as it is...

Cheers

Timbo

A couple of things.

I recognised the dulcit tone of Douglas Landy's voice on the sound track.

Speaking as a sleek trim and fit (not likely) 265 lbs (and ever growing it seems) nigh on 6 foot tall then yes there is loads more comfort in the Stormer drivers position. I have commented before that the Sabre is my least favourite vehicle in our fleet.

Our Spartan is snug but ok for me by comparison.

R

LOL Robin

By complete contrast I am short and weedy and therefore prefer the Sabre.. I haven't done a lot of driving in the Spartan yet, but since putting the smokes on I am finding I can barely see out - I am consider asking the mother in law to upholster me an extra pad for the seat - failing that will just have to be a flowery cushion..!

Cheers

Timbo

A couple of things.

I recognised the dulcit tone of Douglas Landy's voice on the sound track.

Speaking as a sleek trim and fit (not likely) 265 lbs (and ever growing it seems) nigh on 6 foot tall then yes there is loads more comfort in the Stormer drivers position. I have commented before that the Sabre is my least favourite vehicle in our fleet.

Our Spartan is snug but ok for me by comparison.

R

Sorry to disagree but that is not Douglas in the soundtrack, I suspect though that it may be Paul Southerington driving with the handbrake on ! for got to ask him this morning when he gave me a guided tour of the contents of the refurbished storage hangar which is now always kept locked.