Jeep windscreen hood rests question.

holte999

Hi, I have a Mahindra Jeep Willys 'lookalike' jeep :embarrassed:.

I would like to have a go at making some original looking windscreen rest blocks to fit on the bonnet. I have seen pictures that show that the blocks but not in great detail, I can see that they are made of wood and have worked out the approx sizes. However I have seen some having a canvas strip on the top and some a rubber strip. I dont mind which, however I would like some info as to how the strips are fitted into the block ?, are they available to buy seperatly ? any close up pictures would be a great help.

Many thanks Stewart :)

Hi Gary, thanks for that, I did see some for sale but it looked like they came without the strips, do thay come seperate ? I also fancy making some so Ive got a reason to go up my shed to get out of the house if you know what I mean ;)

i believe that the rubber rests were used in Fords first contract for jeeps and possibly some of the second contract. I am not sure if willys had them or not. They stopped using them because of the lack of rubber . If you were to use the rubber pads then you would have other changes to make to the vehicle if it were to be a first contract

i believe that the rubber rests were used in Fords first contract for jeeps and possibly some of the second contract. I am not sure if willys had them or not. They stopped using them because of the lack of rubber . If you were to use the rubber pads then you would have other changes to make to the vehicle if it were to be a first contract

Wiilys slat grill Jeeps had rubber windscreen pads from the start of production in november '41, Fords used them too when they started production in '42

Edited by Nick Johns