Anyone got a circuit diagram for a clansman IB3 ANR box?

Tankboy

A transistor blew in my IB3 box. Its transistor "TR2" but the transistor cooked itself and I can't read what type it is to be able to replace it.

Anyone know what transistor it might be and also where I might be able to get one?

Or anyone have a circuit diagram for Clansman vehicle ANR equipment?

Need help.

Thanks

Tankboy

The relevant EMERs are available from the VMARS Vintage & Military Amateur Radio society which obtained them under a FOI request. A condition of release was that they are available only to members for private use so it is necessary (and in my opinion worthwhile) to join. I can look up the EMER number later today - I may well have a copy to hand to look up the transistor in question.

Regards

Iain

The relevant EMERs are available from the VMARS Vintage & Military Amateur Radio society which obtained them under a FOI request. A condition of release was that they are available only to members for private use so it is necessary (and in my opinion worthwhile) to join. I can look up the EMER number later today - I may well have a copy to hand to look up the transistor in question.

Regards

Iain

That would be fantastic.

Thanks

Regards

Iain

All I know is that its part of the Clansman Intercom Kit with Active Noise Reduction "ANR" these would also interconnect with the Clansman Radio VRC 353 but the IB3 ANR box or "ANR Interconnecting Box 3 Radio" is purely part of the vehicles intercom system that would allow connection to up to 3 radios.

Sorry - thats as much as I know and I can't find any information that sheds more light.

Tankboy

Tankboy, Clive

It's an "Interconnection Box, 3 Radio" used in the Clansman harness. there were two versions - black fronted originals used with passive headgear and gold fronted ones that operate with active noise reduction headgear. In general old headgear works with both kinds of boxes but only gold boxes work with ANR headgear.

The EMERs are

EMER_L802pt1_Clansman_Radio_Harness_Technical_Description.pdf

EMER_L802_Clansman_Radio_Harness_Fault-Repair_Data.pdf

EMER_L804_Clansman_Radio_Harness_Field-Base_Repairs.pdf

EMER_L806_Clansman_Radio_Harness_Repair_Charts.pdf

EMER_L807_Clansman_Radio_Harness_Modification_Instructions.pdf

EMER_L809_Clansman_Radio_Harness_Miscellaneous_Instructions.pdf

I have to declare an interest as I donated space on one of my servers to host the VMARS archive but all requests should made be via the group website http://www.vmarsmanuals.co.uk after joining ! It should be cheaper than E-Bay for more than 4 or 5 manuals anyway and the technical journal sent to members has many Clansman articles, anyway !

Clansman EMERs differ from Larkspur in that many (most!) do not contain full component level circuits -the contents of the PCBs (called Printed Electronic Circuits) are generally shown as block diagrams only. Apparently the full circuits were used in REME training notes and base repair folders but never released as EMERs.

I Having looked at L802 the IB3 diagram is half block and half schematic and the active elements aren't shown in enough detail to identify TR2. L804 basically says how to replace the boards so it looks like they were replace-and-return units as far as anyone who used the EMERs was concerned :( Probably the best thing is to find someone who can check a working IB3 (ANR) to find out what TR2 is. I'd guess if it got very hot it was the series pass transistor in the voltage regulator and it may be worth looking for a short to ground in the box or harness as well.

Regards

Iain

73 de G0OZS

Ian, that was easier knowing what to look for. I've got all those & see the problem in identification.

But I also have L 800 which lists the IPC as AC No. 61266, which would give the answer but unfortunately I don't have it.

Iain thank you, I've got most of those either in fiche or paper. That list that isn't especially easy to follow, in terms of EMER structure, but I do have several editions of EMER TELS A 000 Index & A 001 Detailed Index that make it easier to follow.

The problem is with me not knowing my way around the various items & their significance, as I'm not too interested in HF or VHF.

Going back to the list I didn't spot any EMER COMMS INSTALLATIONS. Some of the EMERs quoted are not qualified by subject I know it is predominantly EMER TELS, but could perhaps easily have been some that could fall into EMER COMMS INSTALLATIONS, EMER TEST & MEASUREMENT.