Excel in London - HELP

woa2

I am driving up to Excel in East London next Sunday 26th Feb, taking my Wife, Daughter and Grandaughters to a Baby show at Excel in East London. Much as I love my Granddaughters, I am not very keen to spend hours looking at the latest in Buggies and Nappies, so I need your advice to one question. "Where can I go on Sunday 26th Feb for 2-3 hours?" I thought of the IWM but by the time I drive there and park, it's time to head back again. I need somewhere within 15-20 mins driving, and I have already been to Firepower at Woolwich. Any advice will be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

I am driving up to Excel in East London next Sunday 26th Feb, taking my Wife, Daughter and Grandaughters to a Baby show at Excel in East London. Much as I love my Granddaughters, I am not very keen to spend hours looking at the latest in Buggies and Nappies, so I need your advice to one question. "Where can I go on Sunday 26th Feb for 2-3 hours?" I thought of the IWM but by the time I drive there and park, it's time to head back again. I need somewhere within 15-20 mins driving, and I have already been to Firepower at Woolwich. Any advice will be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Robert, leave the car at Excel car park and take the DLR, http://www.dlrlondon.co.uk/default.aspx?id=835 Docklands light railway from outside the Excel centre and travel under the river to Greenwich in fairly short time, lots to see there, parking and traffic at Greenwich at week ends can be bad so better off not trying to drive, there is the Maritime museum, Naval college, Cutty Sark restoration, all close to Greenwich station and if weather ok just a nice walk to top of Greenwich park to the Observatory, also try and get the front seat, on the DLR they are driverless trains, its a bit strange at first, travelling on an automated train with no driver

Edited by Nick Johns