Bedford MW Seat Covers

44GPW

Question

Hi all,

I need to finish the backrest of my MW seat covers but am unsure exactly how they should look?

Here is a photo i found of Curruthers MW. Is this the correct way the covers should be finished off?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

244dv6e.jpg

8 answers to this question

Thanks Rippo.

So the back of the cover is open rather then then the cover fitting like a sock over the back of the seat? Still can't understand how the flap is stopped from coming away from the body of the seat though??

Richard

John,

Thats for posting the photos....makes complete sense now.

Not sure what to do with mine now? The previous owner has had new ones made, to a really good standard, but they have full backs, so not finished off as they originally would have been.

Without the correct pattern to work to, i doubt whether i will find anyone who will be able to adjust mine correctly?

Richard

Thanks for that Rippo.

I dug out the old covers tonight, kept by the previous owner who replaced them, and they are exactly as the replacements. They seem to have been originally fixed by fixings through the base of the cover into the seat as there are adjacent holes in both cover and seat back. I would assume fitted with bolts and cup washers?

Richard

It seems that there were a few different patterns of seat and cushion used on the MW, probably an early / late thing?

The base cushion seems to be consistent, having two straps at the front which attach the cushion to the underside of the seat with the use of press fastenings, and one strap at the back, which attaches to the seat back in the same way.

The back cushions differ in that some patterns have open backs which either attached using one press fastening on each side towards the base, or they just fit loose. Others are a complete envelope, that fits loosely over the seat back. I believe the later were attached using bolts/nuts, as my original cushions have holes which line up to a row of holes near the base of the seat, but i have not been able to prove this either way.

Anyone have anything further to add regarding MW seats?

Do you think i need to get out more........:yawn:

Thanks

Richard