Howdy from Bandera, TX

Greetings all!

I am a history buff and war gamer from way back, since I was eight years old (Avalon Hill's Gettysburg). I recently retired from the U.S. Army and am the proud owner of a 1942 GPW which served it's war life at a naval base on the U.S. West coast. I bought it restored as I have no skills -- yet.

I look forward to picking your brains and learning some things from like-minded people.

Thank you for having me.

Hey mate, sounds like you have a lot of skills, and info which no doubt we will all be tapping. But why buy a Jeep when your country also invented the Dodge WC? Strange people. :D

To my great shame, I have to confess that I do not own a Dodge amongst my vehicles..... I am however allowed by my friends to drive theirs, Weapons carriers, Command car.... I am very lucky. Its a situation that I may one day rectify, the Dodge is bullet proof. ( When I have gone over to Normandy with our trip organizer (Commander Bond) he usually takes his Command car, I have driven it over there several times...... its a beautiful motor, on one of our visits I always ensured that I arrived back at the Dodge first, when he and the rest of our passengers returned I would already be seated in the driving seat........ I was informed that I did not have to do all of the driving, I just pretended that I had not heard him, he`s a great guy, we love him to bits. If you want a good time, in good company, in Normandy.... join the "Commanders" party.