Things that go bang

bonnie_scott

Just been browsing Milweb, as you do on a Bank Holiday while trying to convince the other half that you have all sorts of important stuff to catch up on in 'the office' :D

Really nice MK1 Daimler Armoured Car just been listed. If only I had the pennies.....

That's enough dreaming - lol What I was surprised about was the fact that the 2pdr gun was still live and could be leagally owned with the right paperwork. This reminded me that I has sometime in the dim and distant past seen an advert for a 'live' 25 pdr. Do I just need to wake up and smell the coffee or can mere mortals really get the right bits of paper to buy these sorts of things?

With the VCR act it seem difficult these days to even obtain a decent replica weapon for hanging off the back of your pride and joy..........

Do I just need to wake up and smell the coffee or can mere mortals really get the right bits of paper to buy these sorts of things?

Apply for a Section 1 FAC, if you meet the criteria & have a decent FEO you should have you FAC in a few months.

Took about 2 months to get my FAC for the Artillery.

Here's the aplication forms

http://www.essex.police.uk/pdf/firearms - form 101.pdf

http://www.essex.police.uk/pdf/firearms - form 125.pdf

When putting down convictions there's no such thing as a spent conviction when applying for an FAC & you have to include ALL motoring offence too no matter how old they are.