Ferret Prop shafts

robin craig

As we take apart C/S 31 we are using what I would call "best practice" in how we label and mark items for reference when they go back together.

To that end, when taking the prop shafts off the output shafts we punched the flanges so indicate position.

We were talking and saying that while this is all well and good it is only correct if the previous numpty actually installed them correctly in the first place.

Is there a "correct" phasing of the shafts and if so how is it determined?

As there is very little movement in the angle of the shafts when working we really pondered this question.

Over to you folks for comments

R

as long as u do not feel a drive shaft vibration all is fine a prop shaft as u know will be balanced on its own ,not as a entire drive shaft assembly.worth using new nuts on assembly i found a few loose on my ferret and that was down to the military! if u think on reassembly u have a problem u could use a dti and measure run out on shaft and try moving flange faces relative to each other (bit overkill though!) if wheel hubs not lined up use opportunity to align them.

Edited by griff66

• 2 weeks later...