British WW2 Vehicle Contract Details - listed where ?

David B.

In the 1944 Chilwell Vehicle Census List is listed the vehicle make and type,census numbers.contract number and catalogue reference.

The contract numbers are not listed in numerical order and my question is - In what publication is the list of WD vehicle contracts listed definitively in numerical order with the dates that the contracts were placed with the various makers?

A secondary query is - In which publication does the "catalogue reference" appear. It is not the Data Book of Wheeled Vehicles - so which book is the "catalogue" ?

David.

In the 1944 Chilwell Vehicle Census List is listed the vehicle make and type,census numbers.contract number and catalogue reference.

The contract numbers are not listed in numerical order and my question is - In what publication is the list of WD vehicle contracts listed definitively in numerical order with the dates that the contracts were placed with the various makers?

A secondary query is - In which publication does the "catalogue reference" appear. It is not the Data Book of Wheeled Vehicles - so which book is the "catalogue" ?

David.

Has anyone any ideas ?

Should I be looking in the Public Records Office for a list of contracts and if so can I contact them direct or will it entail a visit.

Which of the "military" establishments be best to try for the "Catalogue"