willys lighting recomendations please

c101 comando

hi folks i have just bought a 1947 willys cj2a

17092011198.jpg

17092011196.jpg

now firstly i am not out to militerise it but as it has just come in from texas i need to upgrade the lighting

to make it safe to use

including indicators but i want to use lighting that does not look out of place yet as i say make the jeep safe to use

not that i plan to use it at night much but it will happen

you guys i know are the best bet for ideas and any pics of what you have used on yours would be most helpfull

thanks folks

LED have a lot to recommend them. Very bright, and very small. You can get flasher units for LED's on line so no problem with load and flash rate. I've fitted out a standard trail board with LED's for the back of the Dodge. It can be fitted and of course just unhooked if you don't want it at a show.

Edited by Tony B

Having done a CJ3b I think yours is a nice looking machine! You might like to consider putting sidelight equipped 7 inch units in the headlamp positions, then put clear lenses on the old sidelights but with orange bulbs in and wire these to the indicators.

The back is a little trickier, but a pair of small LED indicators can be mounted discretely on the back somewhere (just under the bumper bar would be ideal.