QL Rear jib body is it WW2 military?

Danny152

Hello all,

Can anyone help, this QL and I hope the original thread owner does not mind! Is the rear body a military one? I know the OY REME version had a jib to the front.

If this is WW2 British does anyone have pictures or drawings how it should look?

Thanks

Danny

bedford ql1.jpg

QL pic2.jpg

Hiya Richard,

I had a feeling you would reply to this one!!!! And my apologises on the description, how about the underside body, there seems to be alot of box shaped attachments?

Ian' QL is going to be good........

If you ever come across a command/radio body for a QL could you let me know, thanks.

Regards

Danny

Richard,

Is it a Arty box body? The sort of half cab, well whats left of it?

Hi Danny,

No real similarites to the Bofors tractor crew compartment, pretty sure they had the spare wheel and tank between cab and body as well. There was a civvy built gantry on a QL in an old book I once saw, it belonged to a vehicle dealer in Derbyshire, bit different though. Could well have been made to lift out engines from tractors, etc. Company i worked for years ago had a similar set up on a small Bedford truck for that purpose.

Will keep the QLR body in mind as well, Ian did mention it.