Diesel CVRT Scimitar and Spartan at Withams

mill comms

Hi All,

I was at Withams the other day and a large number of Diesel CVRT Scimitars and Spartans are being dismantled and scrapped.

The Spartans were NEW condition, minus engine and gearbox.

Owner says no one wants them, hence scrapping, Bo##ox me thinks, any one know whats going on.

Be a real shame if they are, I'd kill for a diesel Scimitar...

I'd imagine Withams know they'd be worth more to paying customers and collectors than for scrap and at the end of the day they are in business to make money so they only reason I can think of is if they are still classed as restricted or something similar and can't yet be released into civvi life?

Be a real shame if they are, I'd kill for a diesel Scimitar...

I'd imagine Withams know they'd be worth more to paying customers and collectors than for scrap and at the end of the day they are in business to make money so they only reason I can think of is if they are still classed as restricted or something similar and can't yet be released into civvi life?

your right they are still on classified list so all will be scrapped,same as the chally 2,s they are scrapping as we speak

You'd think Withams would have the foresight to park them all up "round the back" somewhere for a few years until they are declassified, assuming that'll happen anytime soon. Given the asking price at the moment for a turreted CVRT, surely it'd be more than worth their while. Its not as though they're short on space, I can't imagine it'd cost them much in storage fee's.

Or is it part of the MOD contract that they have to be destroyed ASAP? Hopefully some of the parts might make it out as spares...

James

You'd think Withams would have the foresight to park them all up "round the back" somewhere for a few years until they are declassified, assuming that'll happen anytime soon. Given the asking price at the moment for a turreted CVRT, surely it'd be more than worth their while. Its not as though they're short on space, I can't imagine it'd cost them much in storage fee's.

Or is it part of the MOD contract that they have to be destroyed ASAP? Hopefully some of the parts might make it out as spares...

James

mod says scrap them so they have to comply

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Timbo,

Your right, they are the bits left over from Scimitar 2 conversions, there were more CVRT Scimitar Rolling Hulls in Withams yard today, they are not restricted items, they are for sale for scrap metal sort of money, had a good look at a Scimitar they had just sold, No Turret, No engine, Not much else, only a hull and road wheels.

I think it would be very hard job to put one back on the road, might be possible if you could swap the bits from a Sabre into one?

Hi Timbo,

Your right, they are the bits left over from Scimitar 2 conversions, there were more CVRT Scimitar Rolling Hulls in Withams yard today, they are not restricted items, they are for sale for scrap metal sort of money, had a good look at a Scimitar they had just sold, No Turret, No engine, Not much else, only a hull and road wheels.

I think it would be very hard job to put one back on the road, might be possible if you could swap the bits from a Sabre into one?

I think it would be quite a big job unless you had a big shed full of CVRT bits, even if you had a Sabre it would be petrol not diesel - lots of different bits...and what would be the point of stripping a complete vehicle. There were a few sand blasted hulls came through, last year I think, described as ready for restoration - now there's optimism for you !!!

• 6 months later...