Bedford MJ markings / bridge classification

robin craig

Dear all,

We are getting ready to go to an MV event this coming weekend.

We would like to add some "bling" to our Bedford cargo that has a van body dropped on it, hence we call it a gin palace.

We know where and what it should have for it's registration markings.

The Union flag has a couple of places that are common front and rear.

The marking that is the issue is a bridge classification.

Our vehicle is in the overall matt green scheme and we would like to add a grey circle on the front with a weight number in it. I have done some internet picture searches and found that so many of these vehicles did not carry anything, there just isnt anything for me to reference as to placement of what number should go in the circle.

As is quite often the case, i'm confused! I had thought that it was a de-rigeur marking but am being proven horribly wrong so far by the evidence to hand.

It appears far more common are hazmat placards and the occassional tac sign on a door or a loading weight template in the black rectangle.

Some one must have some gen?

Robin

Robin the national identifier should be left front & left rear (That's what the Regulations & STANAGs say, yes I know people will say Regulations are there to be broken & most of us will see in service vehicles where the Regulations have been disregarded)

Bridge classification is 9

Well,

It is the day before we leave for a military show and parade and in true fashion it has been a flurry of activity to get kit sorted out. Well the kit being the vehicles, and our policy is to improve a vehicle if we use it. So the thrust was to get the basic military markings onto this left hand drive Bedford.

I have looked through various posts and all the "right ways" to do it and settled on what I can do with basic stencil kits and locally available paints.

First was the bridge plate, a little big I think but adds pzaz.

The national flag looked best on the bumper so that is where it went.

The registration looked best with 3 inch stencils, the 4 inch were just over powering.

We have done the rear in the same method but doing it right with the 77 on the top line with the KE 32 on the line below.

So that satisfies my basic markings lust.

Again sorry for cell phone pics but they are quick and easy.

R

bedford military markings.jpg

So,

There is also the need to comply with the rules of the road and we need to display our civvy registration.

Here it is, fixed to magnetic sheeting by 2 way permanent tape.

There is enough of a flat surface on the bumper for a secure mounting.

No new holes, nothing welded on, no tools required and simple and effective

Another job done

R

beford civvy plate.jpg

The AWD badge was that colour when we got her, it is moulded that colour.

As far as some "git" walking past and taking the plate off, no i'm not worried by it one bit because it sits flat and doesnt look like anything but a normal plate. Trust me it wont "bounce" off.

The vehicle is either in the collection or on the road to a show or at a show where as soon as we arrive the plate is removed and put inside out of harms way.

But thanks for the concern

R

• 1 year later...