Tern Valley Steam and Vintage Show, 20-21/8/11

Evening all,

not long got back from Tern Valley show ,(near Eccleshall) a nice show, atmosphere was better than last year.

Nice turn out of vehicles (Military and others).

Only took a small display this year, part of a combined one with Andy (Airportable), Simon and Rob, didnt quite pan out the way I thought it would go, but very good all the same.

I have a confession to make Andy, I didnt photograph your bunker, sorry mate :red:

Wont post many tonight, but here is a pccy of my display, complete with barbed wire.....

TTFN

Mark

DSCF9637.jpg

DSCF9671.jpg

Yes it was a great weekend, and yes pity you were so far away from me. Well we were given a 158ft frontage to fill! The weather was kind, good job as I had no tent as such. Great that I think fairly local Nam. group were there who allso put in hell of a lot of work for such a relatively small event. Enough waffle, a few more pics.

2011-08-21 Tern Valley (18).JPG

2011-08-21 Tern Valley (24).jpg

2011-08-21 Tern Valley (26).JPG

2011-08-21 Tern Valley (45).JPG

2011-08-21 Tern Valley (48).JPG

2011-08-21 Tern Valley (49).JPG

2011-08-21 Tern Valley (55).JPG

Yes looked the job. Did I mention before I left, section stewart commented that the show health/safety officer thought our attention to public safety etc. regards mine field tape/ signage and wire was first class. Promised us pride of place next year if at Newport by the lake under the trees. :laugh:

Hi,I have recently got myself a Bren tripod and I was interested in the picture in Post #2 Third picture down of the Bren on the tripod.When I picked my tripod up the guy said that I needed to mount the bren as in the above picture. According to the book Small Arms Training Light Machine Gun 1939 the bren should be mounted the other way round with the T&E slotting into the butt end?????Confused am I.Suggestions please.CheersPaul

Hi,I have recently got myself a Bren tripod and I was interested in the picture in Post #2 Third picture down of the Bren on the tripod.When I picked my tripod up the guy said that I needed to mount the bren as in the above picture. According to the book Small Arms Training Light Machine Gun 1939 the bren should be mounted the other way round with the T&E slotting into the butt end?????Confused am I.Suggestions please.CheersPaul

Paul,

The book is correct, the owner put it the wrong way round

Mark