cle trac

Willyslancs

Ozitim, I've heard of some people reworking halftrack tracks, but I don't know how well they've succeded.

Problem is that the halftrack tracks are quickly getting scarce. Some bought 2-3 sets while the prices were still low on the ex Israeli tracks manufactured in the late 1980's and early 1990's, but prices have gone up sharply.

Rumors are out that there are stocks of tracks in Israel, awaiting the spike in prices. But again, it's only rumors.

Goran N

Thats interesting. So are you saying that they are somehow adapting the halftrack tracks to fit the cletrac. I dont know the exact diameter, but im guessing that the cletrac has a longer track area. So would that involved cutting and rejoining the halftrack tracks? And what would the going rate for a half track track go for in the current market?

Thanks, OZITIM

Slightly larger picture of one already posted. Big bomb, US version of a Grand Slam?tumblr_lk0exm5UkT1qgvvn1o1_1280a.jpg
I believe the spun outer casing for Bans Wallis Grand Slam bomb was manufactured in the U.S as no suitable equipment was available in the U.K. But I could be wrong.