re stillbrew armour on tamiyas 1/35 scale cheiftan

afvnut75

Hi i am now in the process building a 1/35 th scale chieftian by tamiya which is a mark 5 and im wanting to modify it to a mk 11 spec does anyone know whats the best way of replicating the stillbrew armour on the turret did think of milliput but what else could i use ? And are there any other differances to these two marks as far as other kit and fixings .

Any info will be gratefully recieved

cheers

Thanks for that 65 pounds mmmm better be a good conversion for that do you know what the mouldings are like ? not all disproportionate and fit badly like verlinden ones which ive found to be the case in the past i want it to be spot on as the only reason im doing this kit is because i cant get hold of the real thing:mad: All the ones ive seen i either way to expensive or are not up too much mechanicaly or even both so it will be set on a diorama and ill just have to dream for now

Thanks for letting us know about this kit ill ring them tomorrow and question them about it

cheers

Thanks for that 65 pounds mmmm better be a good conversion for that do you know what the mouldings are like ? not all disproportionate and fit badly like verlinden ones which ive found to be the case in the past i want it to be spot on as the only reason im doing this kit is because i cant get hold of the real thing:mad: All the ones ive seen i either way to expensive or are not up too much mechanicaly or even both so it will be set on a diorama and ill just have to dream for now

Thanks for letting us know about this kit ill ring them tomorrow and question them about it

cheers

accurate armour resin moldings are probably the best you will find having done one or two

The AA kit is well worth the money. The fit is great against the Tamiya hull, the details are extremely accurate, and the Stillbrew is dead on the money. Bear in mind that if you're making a MK11 from scratch you'll also have the TOGS box, turret base hull armour and revised stowage bins to do.

I tried a scratch built MK11 when they first came into service and gave up on the Stillbrew after a while. I tried milliput extra fine but was never happy with the shape

For the price of 3 crap basic plastic kits or a night out on the razz, its well worth it :-D

Here's my AA MK11

IMG_0624.jpg

MK5 as well :-)

IMG_0614.jpg

Edited by mjstubley

The AA kit is well worth the money. The fit is great against the Tamiya hull, the details are extremely accurate, and the Stillbrew is dead on the money. Bear in mind that if you're making a MK11 from scratch you'll also have the TOGS box, turret base hull armour and revised stowage bins to do.

I tried a scratch built MK11 when they first came into service and gave up on the Stillbrew after a while. I tried milliput extra fine but was never happy with the shape

For the price of 3 crap basic plastic kits or a night out on the razz, its well worth it :-D

Here's my AA MK11

IMG_0624.jpg

Instantly identified as 4RTR.