new member n.yorks

Hello everyone, thank you for the welcome.

I came across the forum site whilst looking on the net about Russian UAZ 452's, which I have run in various guises since 1980.

They were imported into the U.K. in the late 1970's by Belarus and marketed as UAZ 452 Treckmaster. My 1st was an ex demo van, but I have had 3 RHD previously all for daily use, well built Chassis & mechanics but the tinware dose not like our climate.

My current one is ex Chez military LHD ambulance out of cold war storage, with only 3000km on the clock.(mainly mine).

If anyone wants help or info on these trucks I would be pleased to assist.

Welcome to the forum! And, welcome to the MV addiction!

I always wanted to drive down through the Blue Ridge Mountains from West Virginia to Georgia. I know that there has been a lot of musical influence imported from europe, particularly Ireland and the U.K. Blue grass or mountain music is really my bag, and I know that clogging is a very popular form of dancing. I and my wife have travelled down the eastern seaboard, across the southern states and the west coast, the blue ridge mountains would have been our last visit....... but unfortunately its not to be, just too old, and medical problems to boot. I have to content myself looking at any travel programmes that cover the Blue Ridge Mountains. :kissoncheek: