Lacing 12x12 tents together - help

dobson443

Question

Lacing 12x12 tents together - help

HI, I am hoping that somebody can help me regarding how to join two or more 12x12 tents together.

Any pictures or a copy of the military manual would be much appreciated.

6 answers to this question

Line the two parts together that you need to lace up. One has string loops the other has eyelets. Thread the top loop through the top eyelet (nearest the roof) and pull downwards, then thread the next loop through the second eyelet, through the first loop and pull down. Thread the third loop through the third eyelet and through the second loop and pull down. Carry on like this until you reach the bottom then tie off in a knot. Repeat this procedure for all four corners.

The best way to do it the first time is loop the ends together down to where the cross poles fit in, throw over the built up top half of the tent frame, then put up the rest fitting the uprights. Then you can carry on lacing up the corners. Once done, leave the whole thing laced up. It's then very quick to erect. Hope this makes sence???

It's a two man job to lace up the ends as it's fiddly and your supposed to erect it using 5 people, but it can be done easily with two, just make sure you lift it evenly or you might bend the poles. This video might give you an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRGFUDdaXYk&feature=related

Edited by LoggyDriver
additional info

Many thanks,

Do you use the same technique when joining two 12 x 12 tents together? We have 2 tents and middle section, with enough poles. The middle section never really looks right when laced into another section with the end on.

BTW I think we were parked just down from you at Abingdon on Sunday.

Many thanks,

Do you use the same technique when joining two 12 x 12 tents together? We have 2 tents and middle section, with enough poles. The middle section never really looks right when laced into another section with the end on.

BTW I think we were parked just down from you at Abingdon on Sunday.

Hello mate. Was that your M38A1???

Yes I was at Abingdon with the Bedford and Defender in Gulf War 1 Livery. You should have come along and said hello, didn't know any members were going as the link I posted never had any replies to say people were going!