I'd love to buy a vehicle, but.........

blue

Question

Over the last few years, I have been dreaming of owning an old military vehicle from the war or just after.

I have no mechanical skills, and don't know much about restoring etc.

So, here are my silly questions....

1/ When is the best time to buy a vehicle? At the start of a season, towards the end, or during the winter, when people need money for xmas?

2/What is the best 'first' vehicle to own? I only have a small garden, and a private drive, so being smaller would be better. I'm not a keep jeep person!

My pockets are not big, so a few thousand would be a fair starting price. I'd also like the family involved with the vehicle, so I was thinking about an Ambulance (but that's my job).

But I do like the Navy, and last week found out that there is a Naval re-enactors group about two miles from where I am, so maybe something that could fit in with that scene?

Kev

Don't know where you live, but if its near Chatham is this the lot you refer to?

http://www.thegreyfunnelline.co.uk/

if not they have a number of RN vehicles and are a very friendly bunch

They are indeed whom I was referring too. They are only about 2 miles from me, and look like a nice group to be with.

I'm going to wait until the show season starts again, then go take a look at them. Who knows, they might know of the perfect vehicle for me thats going cheep.

The pics of the various naval vehicles was very interesting (Thanks for the link) and has opened up my mind even more! The other half is having nightmares now about me coming home with a big truck!!