NuttyNick

Hi guys. I have stumbled across this forum and thought best if I joined. A little history about myself.

I live on a farm in Sunny Sussex. My collection has grown from a Hotchkiss jeep first bought about 7 years ago and now includes a 1945 Dodge WC52, a 1940 37mm US anti tank gun, an almost complete 1944 Maxon turret and 1944 6 ton Hobbs turntable trailer.

I am currently waiting to collect a Dodge WC63 (believed to be late 1943) and GMC with workshop body (believed 1942/3). The dates need to be confirmed when all the paperwork comes together. Both of these have come over from Norway and are in need of complete rebuilds. The Dodge is missing a few bits and pieces so will go into storage until I have most of the parts sourced. I'll probably start on the Jimmy early next year after the Maxon is finished.

A mate and myself completely stripped and rebuilt my WC52 in 7 months earlier this year as a friend wanted it as her wedding vehicle. I now need more projects to keep me busy!

Anyway, I look forward to being part of this forum and hopefully keep you posted on the forthcoming restorations.

Nick

Hey welcome aboard Nick.

I must say that you have a great collection of MV's and I am so pleased that you have a GMC amongst them all and do you have an pictures of it and are amongst some good company here.

And how did you find us?

Cheers

Jack.

Cheers guys for the warm welcome.

I found the link via the CMV website. I had a read through some of the forum articles and you all sounded like a great bunch!

I'll post some photos soon. Unfortunately the ones I have are too large for the file.

Hoping to pick up the Jimmy and Dodge late this month or early in December. You'll have to wait till then for photos! The Jimmy is a new venture as I've only worked on my jeep and dodge. Fortunately living on a farm I have access to tractors and forklifts to do all the heavy work for me. At the moment I'm helping to restore my mates Slat Grill. Once we've done that we'll start on the Jimmy. Hopefully she'll be ready for the new season then its a case of which vehicle do I drive!!!!

The WC63 has the war time markings locally showing through the Norwegian paint and what appears to be some form of unit sign painted on the wing. Once cleaned up I guess I'll be trying to find out what unit is is.....and thats where you guys may be helpful!!! :-)

Cheers for now

Nick

Hi Ashley,

We couldn't stay too long at the Dig Out so never got a chance to chat. We managed to pick up a couple of bargains which made the effort worthwhile.

I couldn't resist these two new vehicles. They are not high priority to get finished so will take my time.

Are you going to Malvern next week? I've got a stall to sell some of my excess gear to help pay for these new aquisitions! If not, I guess we'll see each other at Beltring once again!

Cheers

Nick