Special weapons

Karoshi

Fv1620 has come up with some thought provoking items in his Mystery Object posts, however for real clandestine and hard to recognise devices we should look to an earlier period when the newly formed OSS and its crackpot inventors ".......created explosive bread" which could be eaten if the agent felt he was under suspicion- though it wasn't thought advisable to smoke a cigarette immediately afterwards, .....and a loathsome chemical nicknamed 'Who Me' which duplicated the smell and consistency of a loose bowel movement. Its purpose, according to its inventor, was to be sprayed on the breaches of high-ranking Japanese officers so that they would lose 'face' in front of the 'natives'

Source :Whiting.Target Eisenhower.

I was told by a vet who served in Aden at times when there were demonstrations/riots envisaged that he had the responsibility of boarding buses & charabancs. There he would release a cannister of a non-lethal nerve agent that had the effect of relaxing smooth muscle.

In a short while the occupants suffered disturbances in the digestive processes and felt none to keen in proceeding with their demonstration. I have never been able to corroborate this, but the guy seemed genuine & told me some other things that rang true.