Damyns Hall , Military and Flying Machines 6th 7th Aug

just thought I'd link you all to the Essex MVT page for this event..

http://www.militaryandflyingmachines.org.uk/

they are looking for as many different types of jeep to celebrate it's 70th birthday..

so BRC20's MA's GP's Slats ..CJ's M201's NEFKAS etc etc ...

this was a great event last year and think that the site is open on the friday for those early birds ..

ken;)

For the Air Display part, both of Maurice Hammonds P-51 Mustangs are booked to appear on both days of the show. That's going to be something special!

We'll be doing our 9th USAAF Aviation mechanics display, setting up on the Friday, with around 9 vehicles making up the 'diaorama', aswell as the Nissen hut, etc...... All we need is some dry weather - fingers crossed.

Will try and get the Stalwart there this year. I only live 10 minutes away for the site so there's no point in arguing with the missus about staying over night alas! :cry:

Would love to have got the OT there - but the cost of transport over that short a distance is enough to make the eyes water!!

I thought I'd add some comments I heard from many participants at last years event, in case anyone with an MV was undecided about whether to attend this year....

All from memory, so not exact quotes:

"how War & Peace used to be"

"despite the meterioric growth of the show, it's kept a tight leash on staying military - no wicker furniture stalls!"

"a must attend event for any mv, re-enactor or living history enthusiast"

"the air show displays were better than any I've seen at the Duxford shows in the past 10 years" - this is due to the small size of Damyns Hall Aerodrome, requiring the pilots to fly a much tighter display circuit.

FWIW, I first attended in 2008 (the Saturday night storm year!) and last year, and in just 4 years this event has become a mandatory event for us each year. It has something for everyone, at a superb venue, supremely well organised and apart from the days of Don Bullock at Sally B's controls, I saw a 'different' Sally B to the usual displays you get at Duxford. I'm confident the Essex MVT will keep this show 'real' for many years to come, although I'm in no doubt it will continue to grow year on year.

Roll on the 6th & 7th August!

• 4 weeks later...

....and in case you hadn't checked the http://www.militaryandflyingmachines.org.uk/ website, Europe's only active B-17 Flying Fortress, Sally B, is confirmed for both days.

We hope to have some additional news concerning the air display, specifically Sally B and Maurice Hammonds pair of P-51's, but until it's a definate 'go', I can't say a word. Suffice to say, if it comes together, then it will be unique on the European airshow circuit, and adds yet another reason to attend one of, if not the best, MV, Living History, Re-enactor, Air Display and family friendly shows in the South East.

• 2 months later...

A little over 3 weeks to go, and if you're quick, you may just be able to secure your MV entry to this show. The displays areas have been increased by over a third to accomodate everyone who wants to attend, with more living history & displays, more attractions, more armour, more vehicles, more stalls and undoubtedly more public. The organisers have ensured that those attending won't be packed in like sardines, like some other events you could think of, hence the reason remaining space is extremely limited.

Traffic management has been completely reviewed and reworked, so public access to the show should be quick, easy and 'pain free'. The entry price remains at £8 adults and £4 children, with a family (2 + 2) ticket costing £20, which is simply outstanding value for money, when you consider the size of the event, number of attractions and the afternoon Air Display, featuring Ellys B-17 Sally B and both of Maurice Hammonds P-51's, Janie and Marinelle.

There's a full evenings entertainment on the Saturday in the 700 person marquee, and it's almost guaranteed that you'll have a great weekend.

The information you need is here: http://www.militaryandflyingmachines.org.uk/whats_on.html

If you're coming along, make sure you come and say hi - you'll find us on the AAF Aviation Mechanics display.

A little over 3 weeks to go, and if you're quick, you may just be able to secure your MV entry to this show. The displays areas have been increased by over a third to accomodate everyone who wants to attend, with more living history & displays, more attractions, more armour, more vehicles, more stalls and undoubtedly more public. The organisers have ensured that those attending won't be packed in like sardines, like some other events you could think of, hence the reason remaining space is extremely limited.

Traffic management has been completely reviewed and reworked, so public access to the show should be quick, easy and 'pain free'. The entry price remains at £8 adults and £4 children, with a family (2 + 2) ticket costing £20, which is simply outstanding value for money, when you consider the size of the event, number of attractions and the afternoon Air Display, featuring Ellys B-17 Sally B and both of Maurice Hammonds P-51's, Janie and Marinelle.

There's a full evenings entertainment on the Saturday in the 700 person marquee, and it's almost guaranteed that you'll have a great weekend.

The information you need is here: http://www.militaryandflyingmachines.org.uk/whats_on.html

If you're coming along, make sure you come and say hi - you'll find us on the AAF Aviation Mechanics display.

Have already booked in online so see you there.

Price on the website is Adult £8, Children £3, Family (2 adults + 2 children) £20, Concessions £6

Have already booked in online so see you there.

Price on the website is Adult £8, Children £3, Family (2 adults + 2 children) £20, Concessions £6

Thanks for the correction Ian, I was typing too fast I guess! :shocked:

Well, it's clearly even better value now!! :-D

• 2 weeks later...
shame Neil that you cannot bring the OT.......... but it will be great to see you at the show.

ken

I spoke to Richard at W&P - Essex MVt have made arrangements to ship my vehicles on to their storage location so both the Stolly and the OT were dropped off there the other day. All ready to rumble :-D

Edited by ArtistsRifles

• 2 weeks later...