my new toy - 109 FFR

richardrosser

He he got her home today by enclosed transportation and first thing first I cleared out the rear tub. Found a spare 24 volt alternator, two 24 volt dizzy’s and I now own another starter handle. :-D

Also she came with one of her original military number plates (do Halfords do them?), the convoy switch seems to have suffered a short at some point but still works. The only thing that doesn’t is the indicators, the hazard switch kind of works in so much as all four indicators come on but don’t flash. :roll:

Body wise she needs a rub down and a re-paint and there is a small hole in the driver floor and a biggish one in the front cross member (nothing the mig can’t sort). 8-)

Me happy, the wife happy and the four boys like bouncing all over her and asking if they can sleep in her tonight! :?

Congratulations,

Welcome to the world of rovers, 109 good bus loads of space and fun but useable, any questions I will endeavour to help.........

just remember when the jeepies start on about the jeep being the inspiration for the Land Rover ask is that rope that is always wrapped around a jeep bumper for a Land Rover to help them out!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D :wink: :banana:

All the Hardyferret official dodge recovery service ( sorry Kev)

hi Degsy, lucky in so much as the po striped her down to the chassis :-D replaced all the floor screws etc but not the floor with the hole :?

looking at getting a new front x member to fix the front end :-o and replacing the missing fuel tank (all the switch over gear is still there 8-))

still trying to find out if she is CL or pure FFR (as the plate says).......any sure fire way of telling :roll:

• 3 weeks later...