Do inert Missiles need a deac cert?

Wolfy

Question

Just curious as I'm looking for a rapier (not a drill version) and therefore wondered.

I dont think I''ve ever heard inert missile and deac cert mentioned together?? :shocked:

But I'd rather not blow myself and my house up I think :nut:

cheers

Colt

7 answers to this question

The FFE is always a debate. Getting a qualifed person to issue an FFE is right. But government have not stated what are / is the qualifications (the last time i checked anyway).

If you go on the british ordnance collectors network http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/forum.php

there may be more updated info.

Edited by diver99

Not a legal requirement.(I believe) Though, It is common sense if you can get a FFE cert though. You average over worked PC is NOt an expert, & cannot be expected to be. Although I have come accross SOME of thier 'Experts' & have nothing complimentry to say there!

Lack of knowlege abounds in all walks of life. So, in the case of a PC perhaps wishing to examine your 'Missile' for whatever reason. He will acknowlege that he does not know, will call in one of thier 'Expert's. Who will also not really know (Not his fault entirely) he MAY call in MOD Bomb disposal who ARE experts. Time MAY not permit all of this is SOME case. The guideance given to Police is 'When In doubt, Seize it for examination (Foresnsic) It can always be given back later (If proven to be Inert & safe) Can SOMETIMES take months!

Ammunition: is classified as such, when it is complete (For example, A live Round, with cap, bullet, case & powder charge within & ready to fire) Same will all Explosive articles really. If it's inert, Your OK. BUT, the quicker you can prove that (FFE Cert) the better for you & ALL concerned!