Hi all...

Durak

My name's Keith, a slightly mad English man living in Spain, always had a love of ,,err "different" vehicles, had lots over the years and now it's time to buy an ex army truck! http://www.army-uk.com/equip.php?ID=477 I've been looking at (please see the link) and kind of love it,,, but how much money should I be paying for a 25 year old truck like this? If any of you could give me an idea that would be great,,, they are asking 35,000 English pounds! I nearly died,,, help me??

Hi Durak,

Welcome to the forum.

The price does seem quite excessive. The company you have been looking at are also known as Jacksons. These trucks are quite readily available now, as the MOD are disposing of lots all them over the next few years.

Have you looked on Milweb, especially under Heavy vehicles. David Crouch is advertising on there, he is a really nice guy who is very helpfull. He has trucks, and the bodies. I'm not sure that he resprays them though. He has a haulage breakdown company and deals in trucks.

Barry

My name's Keith, a slightly mad English man living in Spain, always had a love of ,,err "different" vehicles, had lots over the years and now it's time to buy an ex army truck! http://www.army-uk.com/equip.php?ID=477 I've been looking at (please see the link) and kind of love it,,, but how much money should I be paying for a 25 year old truck like this? If any of you could give me an idea that would be great,,, they are asking 35,000 English pounds! I nearly died,,, help me??

Hi Keith,

Jacksons' prices reflect the fact that they generally sell to foreign governments, private companies and charity organisations. As a private buyer you'd be better off looking at www.milweb.net as well as www.mod-sales.com

- MG

Rassing fassing spell checker!! :computerrage:

Thank goodness that I am not the only one making spelling mistakes on here, I would have shot myself a long time ago........ people keep telling me about the spell checker on here, I would not know where to look for it!!!!! anyway, I am sometimes writing when I will come to the word WHO or WHAT, it`s not that I cannot spell these words, I just simply suffer a mental block, the only consolation is that it makes me human, albeit an old human. If I can remember my name in a morning... I figure that its worth getting out of bed. YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE HOW MANY TIMES THAT I WALK TO THE TOP OF THE STAIRS, AND HAVE TO WALK BACK DOWN AGAIN BECAUSE I CANNOT REMEMBER WHAT I WENT UP FOR. A spelling mistake is the last of my worries. Have a nice day everyone.:cool2::cool2::cool2:

Insanity sounds good to me, smelling mistakes too as I've never been good at that,

Jacksons or whatever they are called seem to have no interest in our money, the second price I got from them is 37.500 pounds!!!! so its gone up 3 thousand in the last 3 days! I've asked questions but no answere,,,

I'll have a look at the others now I have a few mins,

Thanks for the info everyone.

Keith