Guy Ant

Rlangham

In my search for a 15 cwt truck, i've been offered a running but not fully restored Guy Ant 15 cwt truck. I was wondering how many of these are left, and if anyone has much info on what they're like to drive etc? Can't find much on the internet. Also, if anyone else would be interested in it, let me know and i'll pass you on to the person.

Cheers, Rob

Hi Rob

not many of these around at all perhaps not more than 3 or four in Europe, ironically there seem to be more in Australia ! .

There used to be a radio shack version around the shows in the early 1990's but I haven't seen it for years so may have been sold abroad.

What are they like to drive? it's just about the only British 15cwt I haven't driven at some time or other but I expect it will be like all British and Canadian 15cwt's of the period plodding and a very hard ride with the possible exception of the Bedford MW and Wot 2 both of which have a bit more go.

If your looking for a Totie magnet don't bother it's as ugly as sin, if you want something really rare and well worth restoring go for it, just a shame the workshop is full or I'd be intrested.

Spares will be difficult but the internet makes this sort of project much more feasible these days and I could put you in touch with people who may be able to help you.

My advice for what it's worth is go for it but expect a long restoration however you'll have a truck that's 100% worth the effort.

regards

Pete