Gudday!

3ipmsnz3

Hi to all. Peter Mossong here from Auckland, New Zealand.

I'm 61 years old and a life long scale modeller, and have joined this forum primarily for the information one can gain from those of you restoring 1:1 scale vehicles.

I am presently working on a collection of 1:35th scale vehicles used by the Kiwi forces in the North African and Italian campaigns, and like to get my models as accurate as possible!

I managed a visit to Bovington during a trip over to the UK in 2008, but my camera 'swallowed' all the 300+ shots I took there when the battery went flat - certainly a good excuse to do a re-visit. :cry:

I'm a life member of my local IPMS club, and work in the motorcycle trade at one of the larger shops here in Auckland.

Hopefully I'll be able to reciprocate with any info on vehicles /restorations here in New Zealand. :D

Cheers,

Pete M.

Welcome Pete. What specific vehicles are you intrested in. There are also a lot of keen modelers here.

Hi Tony. Thanks for the welcome. I came upon this forum via a post at the Missing-Lynx forum regarding the ongoing M10 Achilles rebuild as I'm currently planning a build of the Academy Achilles this year, and collecting any information that will help with that build. I do have the Armour Photo History book, and have many pics saved from the Danish site.

The other current planning is for an AEC Dorchester, which will be based on the Accurate Armour Matador chassis with a scratch-built body (yes-lots of rivets to add!!!) using some scaled down plans from a Polish card model I found on t'internet!:nut:

Cheers,

Pete M.