Ural recovering the lightweights

Landys stuck in a very deep hole, recopvered by using the sheer weight of the Ural...

the second one shows how to use the weight of the ural to aid extraction, as you can see she was really stuck as the ural was spinning the front wheel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XybCXSFvdig

while watching above clips noticed this one anybody any got any views on what went wrong and what it has in common with the above clip where something snapped. More important what could have been done to avoid it. By the way not not knocking use of ural it seemed to do a good job

Having said that it all looks a bit tame if you watch this clip sure says a lot for urals

Edited by cosrec

yes plain stupid, they were loading up the stuck wheel driving it further into the ground, even though they had a slight upward pull, clearing some of the mud would have helped but simply pulling from the other side would have levelled out the truck lifting the stuck wheel more and unloading it allowing the suspension to move upwards and release the wheel...rather than driving it further into the mud...will post a video of the work we have to do unsticking our zils today, they are very very stuck....

yes plain stupid, they were loading up the stuck wheel driving it further into the ground, even though they had a slight upward pull, clearing some of the mud would have helped but simply pulling from the other side would have levelled out the truck lifting the stuck wheel more and unloading it allowing the suspension to move upwards and release the wheel...rather than driving it further into the mud...will post a video of the work we have to do unsticking our zils today, they are very very stuck....

Love to see those videos mate, cheers.

didnt get any good video, we didnt have enough bods to help so i did not have a free hand to video and control as well so all we got was very pure short spurt of vehicles sides and things...not very good, but we did get them out using the Beriiet and the 432 puling that.

Nice video, takes me back to my courses at Bordon, lucky that Cent was there. :D

Undramatic Unphotogenic but spot on recovery thats how it should be no ramming about no wheels spinng just nice controlled safe work with no further damage to casualty or equipment

used. Envy many times wished i had had that amount of brute power available

Undramatic Unphotogenic but spot on recovery thats how it should be no ramming about no wheels spinng just nice controlled safe work with no further damage to casualty or equipment

used. Envy many times wished i had had that amount of brute power available

I think most of the dramatic recoveries you will see are when the recovery vehicle is of similar weight to the stranded one - having 50 tonnes to recover 6 is not that difficult :confused: :whistle:.