Amphibious tracked vehicle (radio control)

Amphibi boy

I just watched the gadget show, and when they show the prizes in the competition give away, they had the "big track tank" this is a new production of the same toy i had as a yougster. In the 70's/80's

Its 6 wheel programable vehicle, no so much r.c, anyway it got me thinking about some of the r.c. Vehicles i had/ or wanted. (dreamed for) :D

So this is my question, if my memory is correct, there was an advert on t.v. 70's/80's about a tracked amphibious vehicle i think similar shape to the american aav, but cant be 100% sure. Also cant remember if it was in military colour or not, i do recall that in the advert it was driven in the garden, and i believe in the pool.

So do any of you remember this, or even had one? And what it was called, been googling to see if i can find it, but nothing as yet. :nut:

Thanks all

Shaun

So this is my question, if my memory is correct, there was an advert on t.v. 70's/80's about a tracked amphibious vehicle i think similar shape to the american aav, but cant be 100% sure. Also cant remember if it was in military colour or not, i do recall that in the advert it was driven in the garden, and i believe in the pool.

So do any of you remember this, or even had one? And what it was called, been googling to see if i can find it, but nothing as yet. :nut:

Thanks all

Shaun

Lidi (of all places) had a R/C amphibious wheeled vehicle a few Christmases ago, I think it was branded "Dickie", which is a line of German toys.

It was in "military" colours, though really an explorer vehicle, but it was not based on any real vehicle I can recall. Just missed one on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOXED-LARGE-DICKIE-RADIO-CONTROLLED-AMPHIBIOUS-CAR-/290503964617

jch

i always look at the new one's, although there very cheap and tacky (im a big kid really) unless you go for a good name, i.e. Tamiya etc.

but the one im trying to remember and find out its name and details was on the t.v in the 70's/80's

I have seen some good ones on you tube, a guy on there has scratch built an aav, looks good

Shaun

I always remember,

While you load a game, you could go have a drink, watch some t.v,

Come back and it would still be loading! :shocked:

Then you see it finally at 98%, so are excited about playing the game, then suddenly it fails to load! And crashes! Aaarrrrggghhhh! :nut:

I also spent a whole afternoon writing in a program, then ran the program, for it to just do a stupid few things! What a waste of time! (give me a spanner any day) :D

I had a Johnny 7, got all sorts of *** for knocking Mother's vase off the mantelpice with the rifle bullets!! Seen the prices they make now? And all the old Matchbox military vehicles, Scammel with Cheiftan, Saracen, Saladin, wasn't there a Ferret as well? Action Man GI Joe. Ah them were the days!