The WW 2 Diamond T Register

To all you Diamond T owners (all marks & variations) I am attempting to record all the Diamond T's which were manufactured during WW 2, if you own one, or know some who owns one,or have found one anywhere, please go to my page on this forum, where you will find amoungst the photos a questionaire, the questions correspond to the spreadsheet which I am collecting my information on. This site is being run by myself (dizzy-t) and Adrian. I will look forward to adding your details to the spreadsheet. :tup:::thanx:

PS, sadly the questionaire did not come out, so if you want me to add your details to the spreadsheet here are the questions that are on the form.

A). Model Number.

B). Chassis Number.

C). Date of Manufacture.

D). Engine Make.

E). Engine Serial Number.

F). Military Reg.

G). Civilian Reg.

H). Cab (Original?)

I). Cab Type.(Open/Closed).

J). Doby. (Ballast/Wrecker/ ??).

K). Modifications.

L). Date of Release.

M). 2nd Owner.

N). 3rd Owner.

0). Location (County/State/Country).

P). Condition/Fate.

Q). Relevant Notes.

R). Photograph (Not full frontal)

This questionaire relates to all Diamond T's regardless of variation.

Edited by dizzy-t

Thanks Dick, sorry not been very active on this and leaving the hard work up to you.

We need to think about placing this in a permanent home and add to it when we can, If people could see the list of vehicles and a clearer format they may feel more interested in putting them on. I think maybe the long list of questions may be putting people off.

Jack/Joris, could we find a permanent home for the register on this site? If this is not possible a separate website could be a possability, just for the hardened DT enthusiasts, where the register could be stored and updated.

A

Thanks Dick, sorry not been very active on this and leaving the hard work up to you.

We need to think about placing this in a permanent home and add to it when we can, If people could see the list of vehicles and a clearer format they may feel more interested in putting them on. I think maybe the long list of questions may be putting people off.

Jack/Joris, could we find a permanent home for the register on this site? If this is not possible a separate website could be a possability, just for the hardened DT enthusiasts, where the register could be stored and updated.

A

Hi Adrian. Yes to what ever, I feel we do need help, as I feel that I am banging my head against a brick wall & that no one is interested.

Hi Adrian. Yes to what ever, I feel we do need help, as I feel that I am banging my head against a brick wall & that no one is interested.

We can park it for a while then Dick, don't fret over it.

Edited by Adrian

It's easy to get de-motivated on this sort of thing, folk need a lot of prompting, may I suggest you set out all the info you have already in an easily read way using word pad.

Then start another thread named something simple that folk might search for, like 'Diamond T register', and cut and paste your list to there, it will then show up in Google searches via HMVF, and more people will see it easily. Every time you add to the list, or some one posts to the thread, it will bump up the thread again, and new members/visitors may see it and post new info. With a bit of luck Lee might make it a sticky.

This worked with my index, although I didn't help myself setting it out the way I did (not easy to edit). I get a few PMs asking me to update new owners etc., although I haven't added to or bumped it for a while...http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?10943-Scammell-Explorer-Gallery-INDEX

Always best to keep it simple as has been said earlier, it will get complicated all by itself!

Thanks for your input Grit. I agree with the format, at least to get it going. I had forgotten that it would come up in google searches, which is definatley a bonus.

Dick, let me know your thoughts on this and we will pull something together. We may need to simplify even my format for the time being!

Cheers,

A

Hi Adrian/dizzy-t

I do very much intend to send you the details of my 2 Diamond Ts to add to the list but at the moment due to circumstances (it's a long story) i'm unable to access all the information needed to answer your questions. But I will as soon as I am able to.

Regards ...Steve.

Edited by diamond-t-steve

Thanks for your input Grit. I agree with the format, at least to get it going. I had forgotten that it would come up in google searches, which is definatley a bonus.

Dick, let me know your thoughts on this and we will pull something together. We may need to simplify even my format for the time being!

Cheers,

A

Whatever you name your new thread start it with Diamond T, and then google it just to make sure it isn't in use already as it would confuse folk if you change it later.

You could put a link go your more detailed spread sheet page at the bottom. Good luck with it.

I would like to put my T 22 YZ 27 / NVS 144 on the reigister but i can`t get on to your link page.

What am i doing wrong? Any help gratefully recieved.

Hi Dave, I am currently setting something up. If you (and anyone else interested) want to pm me the details i will put them on and post the details shortly,

Cheers,

A